Tuesday, June 30, 2020

A third message to the fellow classmates


A third message to the fellow classmates of Waiwenxi, Taita 1963
(三致外文系同學們)

Recently I posted my opinion twice on the Alumni Association of our department in our Blogger. Based on statistics, I found more than half of our alumni have read these two postings, though I have no idea about what they are thinking of my opinions. I am pretty sure that most of the classmates are concerned about the events happened, happening and or to happen. This is an encouraging and significant phenomenon, though most of the classmates are getting older (ranging from 78 to 84). To the best of my knowledge, there are as many as 20-35% of the classmates on daily basis who are reading my postings on the Blogger.

In view of the above facts, I hereby strongly suggest that the system of president election be abolished. Because the same group of the classmates are being elected president repeatedly.  The president has no perceivable, helpful and constructive initiatives or plans for all of the Association. In fact, she does not even care about the number of classmates in contact decreasing. The president should know better than to limit her contact to a limited number of classmates, forgetting about the majority of others. Therefore, I don’t think that we need a president at all. Remember, it is evident that we might be losing our dear classmates some day or other due to seniority or poor health. Therefore, mutual concern and exchange of greetings is increasingly important and necessary. If we’d like, we might contact with each other personally or individually either via email or cell phones.

It has been my commitment that I will keep posting on our Blogger – ntu1963.blogspot.com all important news or events regarding our classmates, of course as long as I am alive.

Lastly, all feedbacks are most welcome

Kind regards

Justin Lai

06/30.2020








No comments:

Post a Comment